5 Interesting Features Introduced in 2012
Shaadi.com has introduced some interesting features this year that not just gave the website a complete new look but also made it easy for members to look for matches, receive matches directly in their inbox and more. Read on to find out…
1> Saved Searches in Your Inbox
Since there are millions of new members joining Shaadi.com everyday, this feature was introduced to make your search easier. This feature helps you receive profiles matching your Saved Searches, in your inbox. To enable the feature, all you have to do is select the option ‘Email me new matches’ while saving a new Search. You can also set the frequency of the mailer as daily, bi-weekly or weekly. As new profiles are created matching the Saved Search, we send you an email as per the frequency set by you.
2> Add photos from Facebook
Adding photos to your Shaadi profile has been made much more simpler with this feature. With the option to add photos from Facebook – it’s quicker and easier to upload photos to your Shaadi.com profile. All you have to do is:
* Go to Add / Manage Photo section in your account and click ‘Add Photos’ from Facebook
* You can then choose multiple photos across albums, which are then imported to your profile
* The maximum number of photos per profile have also been increased from 3 to 20 to help you portray different moods and styles
* The feature also supports popular photo formats and each photo can be up to 15 MB in size (even a scanned image can be uploaded easily now)
* Your photos continue to be secure as they’re all watermarked and makes it difficult for anyone to copy or download them from our website
* Premium Members have private browsing control. So, you can share your photos only with Members you prefer
3> New Inbox
Shaadi.com now also has a Unified Inbox. This makes it easy to unify all interactions between Members at one place and makes it easy to start conversations with new Members. With the help of this feature, you can:
* Click ‘Send Email,’ select from your Accepted Members list and start a new conversation
* Save emails as Drafts and reuse them to start a new conversation in a jiffy
* View all the Interests or Requests in a single folder
* View all the members who requested for your photo in a single listing.
* View a history of all conversations anywhere in the Inbox
* Find all your sent items in one folder and filter and see just what you are looking for
* Go to the Archived folder and find all Deleted, Declined and Cancelled Interests & Requests in a single list
4> Shaadi.com in a New Look
The Shaadi.com homepage was given a whole new look with some interesting and informative changes:
* The new homepage informs our visitors about parallel matrimonial brands and products Shaadi.com owns.
* Shaadi.com is available on almost all platforms – Android, IOS, BlackBerry, Tablets and a Mobile site.
* At Shaadi.com, we keep our audience engaged on all social media channels by interacting with them and hearing their opinions. You can like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, follow our blog feeds and access other social media channels.
* You can also, access our international and local numbers with just one click. We’re available 24×7 with various Help channels.
5> Android Tablet App
Shaadi.com also launched its free application for all Android Tablets this year that’s available on devices with OS version 2.2 and above. For busy people looking for a suitable match can now continue their partner search on their Android Tablet using our new application. With the help of this free application, you can:
* Create your profile and receive matches
* Get INSTANT notifications on your Android device when you receive interests, accepts and messages
* Search and view matrimonial profiles
* Send Interests to matching members
* Respond to matrimony Interests
* Shake your tablet to get a match using the ‘Surprise Me’ feature!