So, you’re planning to meet your potential partner and it’s your first date with him/her? Don’t know how to impress him/her? Here’s a list of things to follow…
- It’s important to dress well and appear confident. And if you don’t have good fashion sense, please take some help from one of your friend’s and go well-dressed on your first date.
- Decide on a good venue and not some noisy place that will annoy your partner. You should be able to connect.
- Make sure you close friends and parents know where you plan to meet the guy/girl. After all, s/he is a stranger and you can’t easily trust strangers.
- You’re on a date, so please be on time. You may have maintained a record of coming late all your life, but it’s not a good idea to keep your would-be partner waiting for you.
- Even if you’re a shy person, you got to speak up. You’re here to know each other, so talk. And no matter how talkative you are, please give the opposite person a chance to talk too.
- Don’t just bug your partner to death by talking only about yourself, your family and your friends. Make an effort to finds out about him/her too. Ask your partner about his/her hobbies, likes, dislikes, etc. Find out how much you guys share in common.
- Lastly, always have a smile on your face and look happy, even if you haven’t liked him/her or the person doesn’t meet your criteria. The world is small, you never know, you might just bump into each other someday.
– Hemant Kumar, Customer Relationship Management