India Celebrates Its 67th Republic Day!
Republic Day is celebrated in India on January 26 every year. This day is one of the most important national events in the Indian calendar as years back on January 26, 1950 the Constitution of India came into being. This is a proud day for every Indian as Republic Day marks the establishment of a Sovereign Democratic Republic India. Here’s what you can look forward to this Republic Day…
* After nearly 26 years, Indian Army dogs will be seen participating in the Republic Day Parade 2016 at the Rajpath. Around 36 Indian Army dogs including 24 Labradors and 12 German Shepherds will take part in the parade. They’ve been practicing for the last four months.
* First time in 66 years, there would be no BSF camel contingent marching down the Rajpath this year. In the absence of senior directions, the troops mounted on camel had not been practising for the event.
* This is first time in the Indian history since 1950 that French contingent will participate in the Republic Day parade of India together with the Indian armed forces.
* For the first time the video of National Anthem will feature sports personalities like Sachin Tendulkar, Sania Mirza and Baichung Bhutia.
* The timing of republic day parade in 2016 has been reduced by at least 15 minutes by the government. There is plan to perform 90-minute parade in 2016 instead of two hours by cutting down some marching military contingents and number of tableaux.