Spend this Republic Day with Your Love
By: Avina Saxena
Republic Day represents the true spirit of the independent India. It is the biggest festival of national importance along with Independence Day.
On 26th January 1950 the constitution of India was adopted and India officially came to be known as “Republic of India”. The festival is celebrated across the length and breadth of the country with great fervor. However, there are many people who do not have any particular ideas to spend the day.
Here are 5 ideas to spend this Republic Day with your loved one:
- Go watch the local Republic Day celebrations in the morning together. Don’t forget to see the flag hoisting!
- Watch a patriotic movie together. For example Rang De Basanti, Border, Gadar- Ek prem katha.
- Dress in the theme with Indian Flag color, for the day.
- Go for a dinner in an Indian themed restaurant. Try out the decorative Indian flag colored desserts.
- Take a pledge together to make your country a safer & better place to live in any way that you can.
Wishing everyone a very Happy Republic Day! Jai Hind 🙂