Wish You a Very Happy Pongal!
Pongal is a celebration of a good harvest of the paddy plantations grown in South India. Though initially Pongal was only celebrated by the farmers, today this festival is celebrated mainly in Tamil Nadu and is observed for four days.
* The festival commences with all the old material being removed from the house, signifying the start to a new beginning.
* Rangolis are also drawn outside the house to make it more beautiful and attractive.
* This day is called Bhogi Pongal. The second day of Pongal is known as Surya Pongal. Pongal is made by boiling milk till it spills over the vessel. It is then offered to God and small amounts are sprinkled in the house.
* Mattu Pongal is observed on the third day of the festival. On this day cows and buffaloes are worshipped. Their horns are polished, painted and they are taken around the neighbourhood.
* On Kaannum Pongal, the final day of the festival, families go out together, meet friends and relatives and exchange greetings.
May you find your life partner during this festival of prosperity and abundance. Happy Pongal!